American Airlines crew evicted a Muslim woman at the request of a passenger.
According to a report by a foreign news agency, Omani Al-Khattab, the first Muslim woman to run for the US Congress in New Jersey, was traveling in a domestic plane in New Jersey when she was forcibly removed from the plane.
"I was waiting for the airport check-in when a man came and put his luggage in front of me and I told him to stand in line so you can come back," he said on social networking site Twitter.
The passenger said, "I have been searched twice and if I am a first class passenger, I will go first."
The Jordanian-American blogger and political activist added: "You all know that if I were a Muslim woman wearing a hijab, expressing anger and daring to flee through TSA security, I would be detained, my flight. Missed and possibly charged, etc., etc. '
This is the @AmericanAir manager coming onboard to tell me that they're removing me from my flight because "there is a passenger onboard who doesn't feel comfortable" with me. pic.twitter.com/pwBS5NkvAn
The security staff settled the matter and I boarded the plane. The crew came and told me to get off the plane as the passenger was not feeling well in your presence. To which I replied that I was feeling bad in the presence of this passenger so you take it off.
Had to get off my flight because a man asked a Muslim woman to get off the plane. @AmericanAir employees followed his request and gave the woman no explanation pic.twitter.com/ASZYA9Yx7d
Shortly after my refusal, the police arrived and forcibly took me off the plane and released me after holding me in custody for some time.
The American Islamic Relations Council has expressed concern over the incident involving a Muslim woman and asked the airline to explain the incident and conduct a full investigation.
Had to get off my flight because a man asked a Muslim woman to get off the plane. @AmericanAir employees followed his request and gave the woman no explanation pic.twitter.com/ASZYA9Yx7d



No comments:
Post a Comment